Today I had a good laugh with Begoña (Diana´s Mom) in the kitchen in their basement.
Today Begoña made some roast bunny (seriously. actually it was rabbit, but roast bunny sounds great.) for lunch. It tasted just like chicken/turkey) and there happened to be leftovers after we finshed eating. I persistently insisted that we put the leftovers in the fridge and that I would eat them later (Canadian style.) She seemed pretty confused, btu ended up leaving me some pieces of the bunny on a plate in the fridge. Around 6pm I decided to venture down to the kitchen to prepare my snack. I pulled out the toaster, the leftover roast bunny, some mayo, salt, pepper and two pieces of sandwich bread. I methodically heated up the meat, toasted the bread, spread on some mayo, added salt and added salt and pepper, just like any plain canadian would do with their leftovers at Thanksgiving. When Begoña entered the kitchen she stared at me like I was eating something completely out of this world and said ¨Jenn, you´re going to eat meat, like that, in the middle of the afternoon?¨and I said, ¨yes, of course.¨she shrugged her shoulders, said it was a little weird, then left the room while I ate my delicious sandwich alone. I guess us Canadians do weird things with leftover bunny.
oh wow, am I glad I missed that meal. LOL Roast Bunny... hmmm maybe we can have that for a Christmas cena (or Easter haha) next year! Good job for trying it AND eating leftovers!
ReplyDelete