Luckily, there is only one more week of February left! I seriously could not be happier. It's not that February has been horrible, but it really is my least favorite month, and not just this year either. I don't think I've ever really liked February. Minus reading-week vacations, it sort of sucks. At home it's always cold and snowy and here its just cloudy and rainy and depressing. On top of the less than desirable weather, this month I really have just had no desire to do anything. I'm not grouchy, just a little passive this month. I'm not my good ol' gung ho self. The closest I came to that Jenn was last night. Ariela and I finally decided to sit down and hammer out some plans for our Morocco/Portugal trip at the end of March. After something like 2 or 3 hours huddled at my desk with both of our laptops, swearing at the RENFE website, and talking with the customer service lady, and laughing at hostel names, we manged to get our train ticket from Madrid to Sevilla booked, and to book a nice hostel in Lagos, Portugal. Later this weekend we'll try and tackle a hostel booking for Lisbon and the train home from there to Miranda.
All that planning, and a good convo with Amanda (who is planning a visit for May) has really got me feeling so stoked for the next 3 and a half months! I'm really ready to aprovechar* to the max! But first March has to go by. It's scheduled to be a pretty boring month, no holidays or days off. Just an opportunity to save up, and maybe take some little weekend trips (one to Gijón with our roommate Isa, and Ariela's sister who is coming to visit, and maybe another to Burgos).
So that all of you at home can have some idea of the plans I have, I'll write a rough little schedule.
March 29: Miranda - Madrid - Sevilla
March 30: Leave Sevilla for Morocco
April 4: Back to Sevilla
April 5: Head to Lagos, Portugal
April 8: Lagos - Lisbon
April 11: Home to Miranda
April 15: My birthday! :)
April 23-26: Barcelona
May: Hancocks come for a visita. Hopefully see: Salamanca, Porto, Vigo, Cabo de Finisterre (Fisterra)
Amanda comes for San Juan (Miranda's giant festival) and hopefully take a little trip somewhere May 28-31
June 11: Last day of work in Miranda. Tentative plans to head to Barcelona then fly to the Balearic Islands for a beach getaway before I fly home on June, 20.
I'm sure all of you can see now why I'm so excited! I think one thing I'm REALLY looking forward to is excess amounts of sun! I can't wait to feel the heat of sun rays on my skin! Instead of being all bundled up in scarves and mitts! Anyhow. Before I start getting too dreamer again, I'm going to wrap this up!
Miss you guys!
ps: I've decided to let my hair grow out until I get home. I don't know how much longer it can get in just 4 months, but who knows. I'll probably end up cutting it when I get back because after my first (and last) spanish haircut, I decided not to let any spanish person with scissors near me again.
aprovechar - is Spanish for "take advantage (of). It's so much nicer in Spanish since it's just one single word and has a nice little ring to it!

No comments:
Post a Comment