To Miranda of course...haha.
Coming back to Miranda after winter holidays, it really felt like coming "home". I was happy to be back. I think that was partly because the places I'd been to (Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam) were cold, and also because I was traveling alone. This time I was in good company with Ariela and spent two weeks exploring the desert, the maze-like medinas in Morocco, the gorgeous beaches in Lagos, and laid back Lisbon, all while gettin' my tan on. That being said, getting on the trenhotel (overnight train) in Lisbon, I wasn't exactly jumping for joy. Instead I was dreading going back to the high school to spend more hours with annoying, disrespectful, pubesent high school students (all of them minus the lovely bilingual class, which I adore).
It's safe to say that I've officially started my "Jenn's return to Canada" countdown, and currently it's at 63 days. I want to say that I really don't hate Miranda. However, I am really tired of Spanish culture (lately I've been in relax mode, putting up with things that have driven me crazy for the last 7 months), having no friends my age around here, and the 7-day-a-week overcast in Mierda de Ebro (as Ariela calls it).
Now that I've voiced that I am going to write another entry, with a happier tone, about the things I really love around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment