First things first, the cereal selection here SUCKS. It needs to be said that bluntly. Its so, so sad walking to the "cereal aisle" and seeing day after day the same selection of Corn Flakes, Special K and Frosted Flakes (which are all the expensive kinds) and then the store brand versions of each of them which cost half the price. Along with these known cereals is a small section of extreme-o chocolately cereals that give me cavities when I look at them for too long. Definitely disappointing.
This one should just come without saying. Tim Hortons!! It would be a blessing to have a cup of Tim's coffee on the table in the morning! Of course I'm really not complaining at all about the coffee here (Spanish coffee is tasty!) But I miss taking the neon through the drive thru and ordering my favorite "Large Double-Double." I not only miss the coffee, but the other day I also found myself craving a honey dip doughnut! So, I went to the bakery, and bought a doughnut ...of course, confirming what I already knew, no doughnut can ever live up to those made by T.Horton.
I honestly wouldn't have expected this to be one of the things I would miss from home, but I guess I've also never been in Spain when it starts getting cool outside. Somedays I come home from school/class and I'm am just craving a bowl of soup, but it's impossible to find here. I could make one, but it takes FOREVER to make a good chunky, thick, delicious soup (in addition to the time it takes, I've never made a soup in my life and would have no idea where to start!) I guess I've always taken the convenience and deliciousness of canned soup for granted.

Another luxury from home that I'm missing here is the dryer! I'll never take another fluffy warm towel for granted ever again! We've had our share of laundry problems in the new apartment, first the washer decided that it didn't want to do the spin cycle, so when the cycle finished the clothes were sopping wet, we fixed that problem. The next thing we learned is that a scented fabric softener is absolutely necessary here because without it your clothes end up smelling like whatever stinky breeze is passing through Miranda that day...

Duvets! I miss mine like crazy! Over here I have sheets, then one of those big fuzzy blankets, then a sort comforter/bed cover sort of deal.. It's just not even close to the same as cozying up in a nice fluffy duvet!

I guess this is another strange thing that I could miss... Carpet! Here there are area rugs, and we actually have quite a few in our place, but there is no carpet! I cant wait for the day I get home and I can just put my feet on the carpet! One thing to be grateful for is our central heating that keeps our wood floors fairly warm! :)
PS: I'm sure this list is no where near complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment