Friday, December 17, 2010

Thank heavens for organization!!!

I am currently sitting at the Calgary airport, waiting to board the flight to abbotsford for brianna's wedding. I am feeling relaxed, stress-free and excited, opposite to how I felt almost everytime I boarded a flight either in spain or with a Spanish destination. Mom and I were reflecting and laughing at our disastrous experience leaving Rome, headed back to Madrid, an experience that I can now laugh at, but in the moment was completely overwhelming. There was such a lack of organization, planning, and brains on the passengers part, that our flight left about 2 hours late, for no apparent reason, other than the inability of the staff to get the people onto the plane. When we got to the Calgary airport this morning at quarter to seven (the busiest time of the day in the airport world) to gates full of people lined up waiting to check in. Mom and I weren't quite sure what we had to do, since we had checked in last night, and just needed to check our bags in. At the westjet gate there were plenty of staff ready to answer your questions, help you out with the auto-check machine, or help you put on your pesky baggage tags (yes, I needed help with that!) the staff were also callig out where to line up and what to have out to make the process as smooth as possible. I couldn't help but be SO happy that I wouldn't have to worry about getting shoved, pushed, budged, etc,etc. ALSO! as we sit in the waiting area, the boarding counter lady has already made an annoucement to inform us that the flight will be on time, but that we aren't ready to board yet! Well, she is now making the announcment to board in order! Thank heavens!! I love Canada!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, I check this blog fairly often hoping for a new post... will there be more in the near future? =)

    ReplyDelete