Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Little Inspiration

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

As the traveler who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep, so a knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily, to appreciate more lovingly, our own. - Margaret Mead


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain

You may wonder, 'How can I leave it all behind if I am just
coming back to it? How can I make a new beginning if I simply return to the old?' The answer lies in the return. You will not come back to the 'same old thing.' What you return to has changed because you have changed. Your perceptions will be altered. You will not incorporate into the same body, status, or world you left behind. The river has been flowing while you were gone. Now it does not look like the same river. - Steven Foster

The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. –Samuel Johnson

I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.– Mark Twain

The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem. - Theodore Rubin


You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?' - George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

  1. every one of these quotes are awesome! The one by Margaret Mead can surely be applied to our trip to Rome! Keep up the great blog entries... I love you and miss you bunches!! Momma Bear xoxo

    ReplyDelete