So I am finally all settled in in Chicoutimi, QC after a day and a half of frequenting various airports, and after spending 2 great days in Quebec City.
As an update to my previous post Flying Standby, Marcella and I ended up catching the 7pm flight to Detroit and spending the night in a hotel. We caught the next flight to QC at 3pm the following day and got on no problem. :)
From the airport we had to take a taxi to our hostel, which interestingly enough was set at a fixed rate of just over $32.00. I thought that was great since I know in Calgary taxis to/from the airport can be crazy expensive! Our hostel was a great little (VERY big) place situated right on the edge of the Old Town, within walking distance of all the main sights. In the afternoon and during the evening you could hear the horse-drawn carriages passing by (I loved that..)
First night we braved the rain to go to the store to buy food, and made supper then called it a night. Second day, we went sightseeing most of the day, ate a crêpe (totalement necéssaire) and went out that night to this giant club called Chez Dagobert. We both realized pretty quickly that Quebec was a different place when everyone around us at the club was speaking french! It felt awesome, but at the same time was pretty intimidating since our classroom french wasn't going to help us there! Overall it was a great night, and leaving the next day was sad, but exciting because we were en route to Chicoutimi!
Here are some photos of the fun in QC:
 |
| The Parliament Building |
 |
| Rue Saint Louis |
 |
| Le Chateau Frontenac |
 |
| Chez Dagobert |
 |
| Our very tradition lunch the resto "Aux Anciens Canadiens" |
I would LOVE to go to that area of Canada someday. Speaking of that, how long you gonna be there, and are you taking visitors? =)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you have revived your blog!! I will live vicariously through you on this trip. And I think this adventure is way better than owing some old house!! Have the best time ever. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteLeeandra- I will be here until about the 20th of June, and I WISH I could take visitors! I'm living with a host family here, and I just have a little teeny room haha but you should most definitely visit quebec, its incredible!
ReplyDeleteMom- :D I feel like you made a typo? Owing some old house??
HI Love! It sounds like you are having an amazing time so far! Its so crazy how different Quebec is from where we live. Its alsmost like a comptelely different country! I'm exctited to converse in french with you. I'm sure you could teach me a thing or two! We should have a french skype date soon! Miss you!
ReplyDeletehaha... let's try "OwNing" some old house!!
ReplyDelete