Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh that's confusing...

So I have just experienced for the first time since I started studying french (4 years ago) some EXTREME confusion between Spanish and French. People ask me all the time if it gets confusing between the two language and I always say no...because it wasn't confusing. Until one hour ago!! I tried to write an email to Diana (my exchange partner from Spain) and I felt completely helpless! All of the verbs and nouns are all mixed up.. I would be on a roll in spanish and then all of a sudden I'm writing french! I feel like I'm going to have to come up with some sort of strategy to practice both? Here in Chicoutimi I think completely in French, because of the "only french rule" I speak with all my friends in french, everything in french (minus some skyping here and there... :D ) Any ideas are welcome... 



1 comment:

  1. I guess the fact that you're left-handed already gives you a head start!! Check out these links:

    http://www.quora.com/Languages/How-do-you-manage-to-speak-and-learn-multiple-languages-in-parallel

    http://spanish.about.com/od/tipsforlearningspanish/f/two_languages.htm

    http://www.amazon.com/Polyglot-Project-Learn-Multiple-Languages/dp/1453898247

    The simple fact that you can speak THREE languages is amazing!! Don't sell yourself short when you make a few mistakes. You're doing great and way better than most of us can do! And remember, when in Rome... you don't speak Chinese! haha!! I hope this helps... I love youu!

    ReplyDelete