The realization that 24˚ on the Pacific coast is not the same as 24˚ in Calgary was a tough one... Even though I can still wear shorts and a t-shirt during the day, I wouldn't be uncomfortable in jeans and a long sleeve either. That being said, I'm hoping my kind friends Courtney and Scott will take some of my summer clothes home so I have more room in my bags to take home warmer clothes that I will have to buy here. It's pretty strange that I left Canadian winter, went to Costa Rican summer, arrived in Chilean fall, will leave in Chilean winter to go back home to Canadian summer. Talk about season confusion, not to mention the extreme confusion that causes in terms of hours of daylight. It probably took me 2 weeks just to get used to the sun going down so late (the 4 hour time different didn't help either!)
As some of you may have known, I had planned to live with Paula and her boyfriend (and their cat, Lana) during my semester here. Plans changed a little bit when they let me know that they had found a house they really liked and were thinking about buying. They had offered for me to move with them to the new house if I was interested, but knew it was quite far from the university and where most of my exchange friends would be living. I mentioned to a few of my friends from school that I would have to look for a new place at some point. Emma, an American girl who goes to school in McGill called me about a week and a half ago to tell me she had found a pretty sweet apartment and there were two rooms available if I was interested in moving into it with her. We checked it out with her boyfriend's mom (a nice Chilean lady who was extremely helpful and kind) and Emma moved in the next day. I talked to Paula and her boyfriend that night and assured them that it was nothing personal. They understood which was a relief because I felt pretty bad about leaving them so soon.
![]() |
| Route to the PUCV (My university here) |
All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way things worked out here.. finally able to settle in and start exploring the two cities more!

Great entry! Glad to see you writing in your blog again. We will all have the joy of living vicariously through your travels. Love you and miss you bunches! Momma Bear xo
ReplyDelete