Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pilates Spanish Style (PEE-LA-TAYS)

Well, sadly enough in a half hour I'll be heading off to my last spanish PEE-LA-TAYS class. After starting off at the gym with aerobic-step class (a big mistake) I decided to change to pilates. Mom and I had taken a piloga class in Calgary back in the day, and I guess I'd forgotten how much I like it. I find I always feel great after I leave the gym, and I can especially notice my posture. 

The pilates teacher at Di Som (the gym) made me a little nervous at first, since he's probably about 40, bald, shorter than average, and has one normal eye, and one that's glazed over white, but I think I've really gotten used to him. Since all the directions are in Spanish (and most of which new to me) I really have to pick up the exercises by looking around, but he always comes over to help me out. Nice guy. 

abdominalesEn fin, because of my busy schedule in April, May and June, I won't have enough time to get my value from the class, so today will be my last day. Today I will put an extra effort into my planchas, my attenciones a la pierna derechas and pierna izquierdas, my exercises on the balón and with the gomita, and of course, my personal favorite, las pesas.

I'll miss you PEE-LA-TAYS

1 comment:

  1. maybe we'll have to look for a class when you return. Sounds like you enjoyed it... good on ya for taking it!!

    ReplyDelete