Friday, March 05, 2010

Triple Mambo Step

So at the beginning of the week I decided to sign up for a fitness class. Ariela and I have gone running a couple times lately and I always feel great after, so I figured why not add a little something in to the routine. 

I went to the gym by our house to ask about the different classes they offer. The selection was pretty limited, and limited even more by my work schedule. After a long period of pondering, I decided on Aerobic/Step. Ariela has assured me that aerobics is a great all round workout that's really good for cardio. It sounded great for me so I signed up. 
Yesterday I had to go early before the class so the gym assistant could take my pulse, check my stats (height, weight, etc.) and my blood pressure. Everything was just perfect, so she allowed me to join the class. Well, well, well was I surprised.

 First I should mention that I've never been very good at dancing. I recognize that I do not (by any means) have any natural dancing talent. I was also cursed with horrible coordination. To my surprise, the aerobics/step class I'd signed up for was a mix of those two things AND intense dance choreography! So definitely was a little difficult. Then, to top things off, the weird instructor is chanting moves in Spanins like Mambooooooo!! Mambo Triple! Roooodillaaaaaa!!! And I was just so lost. Haha! 


I ended up leaving the class pretty sweaty surprisingly, since I spent most of the hour just bopping around to my own rhythm.  Needless to say, I asked after the class to change to pilates, something that I've done before, and something that doesn't require super-power coordination and attention span. 



No comments:

Post a Comment