Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Sunny Oyster

Well everyone, today I've realized that the sun is like some sort of prozac for me. It shines its rays and I am in a great, optimistic mood. 

I guess it's a little strange, but I think before I even get out of bed and open my persiana, I can sense whether it's sunny out or not.  

Today when I left Principe elementary school I decided not to put on my jacket. According to weather.com it's about 11º right now. It felt so fresh and great to walk home in that weather. Of course all the old folks out on their morning walks were looking at me like I was crazy, but I didn't mind today.

As I was walking I was trying to remember the rest of the expression "the world is my..." Oyster popped into my head, but it sounded so strange that I wasn't sure it was right. So when I got home I looked it up, and sure enough, "the world is my oyster". 


That's right. That's going to be my motto. Like the title of this entry, the world is going to be my sunny oyster. 


Today I feel like I can do anything, achieve any goal, teach any person English (which in reality I know is impossible) But in my oyster world I can do it.

This is probably the weirdest blog entry I've written so far, maybe that's because I didn't plan it, or think about it too hard... so rest assured that I'm not going crazy, it's just the sun!




a persiana is a strange type of blinds that every house here in Spain has.

1 comment:

  1. great entry Jenn! You're absolutely right... the world is your oyster! You make your own sunshine and skies will never be gray! It's totally up to you the direction you want your life to go. So like Nike... Just do it! I love you with all my heart and so enjoy your entries, YOU are my pearl! Keep up the inspiring blog!

    And those strange blinds, here in Canada, we call 'em 'Roll Shutters". :D

    ReplyDelete